You can configure an analog telephone connected to an Analog Telephone Adaptor (ATA) to automatically call a pre-configured telephone number when taken off-hook. When configured, the telephone only makes calls to one number and cannot be used to call any other number. This feature is useful for building entrances, emergency lines in common areas, and limited access guest offices.
Note: Analog hotlines are only supported with ATAs.
- ATA IP endpoints supported are the Cisco SPA122, the Cisco SPA2102, the Cisco SPA8000, the Audiocodes MP-1xx series ATAs, and the Audiocodes MP-124 ATA.
- The analog hotline feature user assignment should not be allowed for the following station types: Loudspeaker Station, Messaging Station, or Trunk Station.
- Inbound calls to the analog hotline feature are not restricted nor are the normal user features for inbound calls such as call forwarding, simultaneous ring, etc.
All that is required to enact the Hotline feature is to take the phone receiver off hook. A call is placed to the pre-configured number, and once it is answered, the call is connected.
Configure Analog Hotline
The steps below demonstrate how to configure an Analog Hotline device for a user.
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select your site from the drop-down menu.
- Select Users from the left menu.
- Find the user you’d like to configure the analog hotline feature for and select Actions then Edit.
- On the Edit User page, select Analog Hotline from the left navigation.
- Enter the destination in the Hotline call to number field.
- Select On or Off to enable or disable.
- Select Save to save your changes.