The Default Voicemail PIN or passcode is necessary when a User is initially onboarded and/or resetting their voicemail password. With initial setup, the system administrator has the option of configuring the default voicemail PIN as Default or System-generated.
- This function needs to be enabled by your Service Provider.
- Configuring the PIN as Default or System-generated will not affect station/user passcodes already in place prior to the Default/System-generated PIN configuration.
Configuring Initial Default Voicemail PIN
To manage the initial Default Voicemail PIN for users, follow these steps:
- Log in to the admin portal.
- From the profile drop-down menu in the upper, right-hand corner select Company Profile.
- Select Default Voicemail PIN from the left-hand navigation.
- Choose the option you want to assign by selecting the corresponding toggle.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Set System-Generated PIN– if this option is selected, users will receive an email notification with a randomly assigned, temporary PIN. The user receives this notification at initial onboarding as well as when resetting their voicemail PIN. With initial login, the user is prompted to enter a new PIN.
Note: The system-generated PIN is unique each time it is generated.
Set Default PIN – if this option is selected, users will receive an email notification with a default PIN that is used only at initial onboarding. With initial login, the user is prompted to enter a new PIN. When resetting their voicemail PIN, the user receives a system-generated temporary PIN which they are prompted to change.
Note: If the Set Default PIN option is selected, the admin is prompted to enter the default PIN number. This number must be 7 digits in length.