The user intercept feature allows an administrator to gracefully take a user’s phone out of service, while providing callers with informative announcements and alternative routing options. Depending on service configuration, none, some, or all incoming calls to the specified user are intercepted. Also depending on service configuration, outgoing calls are intercepted or rerouted to another location.
Configure User Intercept
Administrators can configure the user intercept feature for a user, following these steps:
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select the Users tab and find the user you would like to modify.
- Select the Actions drop-down menu and then select Edit.
- In the left-hand navigation of the Edit User screen, select User Intercept.
- Select the toggle to enable and expand the feature settings.
- Choose one of the following options for the user’s incoming calls:
- Intercept incoming calls – When this is enabled, all calls to the user will be intercepted and routed, as defined. Outbound calls are still allowed, unless configured to be blocked or rerouted.
- Allow incoming calls
- Send calls to voicemail – Calls are sent directly to the user’s voicemail. If this option is enabled, the two options below may not be selected.
- Play new number announcement – This option will play the configured announcement (either default or custom) and then announce the new number as typed in the field which appears.
- Transfer to ‘0’ to phone number – This option allows the user to receive inbound calls but blocks outbound calls. When the user tries to make an outbound call to any number, the call is blocked.
- Next, choose the options for the user’s outgoing calls:
- Intercept all outgoing calls – All outbound calls are blocked. A system default message is played indicating calls cannot be made.
- Allow local outgoing calls – The user can make only local calls and calls to other users within their organization.
- Transfer outgoing calls to a specific number – If this option is selected, enter a valid phone number. When the user attempts to make an outbound call, a system default message is played and the call is made to the entered phone number.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Copyright© 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.