The Alternate Numbers option enables you to assign multiple phone numbers or extensions to a group call routing service (i.e., auto attendants, hunt groups, call queues) from the admin portal. With this feature, each number will reach the same greeting and each menu will function identically to the primary number associated with that service. You can have up to 10 phone numbers ring into an Auto Attendant, Hunt Group and/or Call Queue.
For example, if your business has multiple phone numbers associated with it and those phone numbers need to ring to the same place, you can use the alternate number service to ensure calls to those numbers will continue to route calls to the appropriate destination (i.e., auto attendant, hunt groups, call queues).
This guide will walk you through the steps for configuring and modifying this feature.
Add Alternate Numbers to a Group Service
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select the Advances Services tab from the left-hand navigation.
- Select the call routing group service you would like to add alternate numbers to: Auto Attendants, Call Center, Call Queue or Hunt Group. Note: For each of these you can add up to 10 alternate numbers.
- Then select the group you would like to add the alternate numbers to and select the Actions drop-down menu.
- Select Edit Service.
- The edit window will appear. On the Incoming Call tab, under Alternate Numbers. Select the alternate number you would like to add from the Find Phone Number search field.
- If you would like to apply a distinctive ring to any of the alternate numbers, check the box next to Use distinctive ringing. Then choose the ring patter from the drop-down.
- Select Save to save your changes.