Businesses may require that multiple numbers ring into the same phone. Your clientele may span multiple local calling areas and you have chosen to market different numbers in different areas. The Alternate Numbers feature allows multiple phone numbers to ring into the same phone with different ring tones to distinguish what lines are being called. All that is required is the extra phone number(s), new stations or lines are not required.
Before the Alternate Numbers feature can be used the following conditions must be met:
- At least one inbound number must be available to be assigned to a station (Premium, Standard, Basic, Hosted Square Key, or Hosted PRI User).
- At least one additional Phone number (DID) must be available to be assigned as an Alternate Number.
Configuring Alternate Numbers
- To configure, log in to the admin portal and select your site.
- Select the Users tab in the left-hand navigation.
- Find the user/phone number and select the Actions drop-down menu and then select Edit.
- The Edit User window will appear. Select User Assignments from the left-hand navigation.
- Then, under the Alternate Numbers section, use the Find Phone Number search field to add an alternate number.
- Check Use distinctive ringing to assign a specific ring pattern to that number. This tone will identify that a call is coming from that specific alternate number.
- Then, select a ring pattern from the drop-down menu.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Copyright© 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.