Call Center allows you to select directories to display in the Contacts pane, show or hide directory contents, and select the order of appearance for information in certain directories.
You can decide which of the directories that you are allowed to access will appear in the Contacts pane. All directories can be displayed individually in the Contacts pane.
To display or hide a directory in the Contacts panel:
- In the Contacts pane, click Options.
- Select View, Directories, and then select or unselect the directory to display/hide. To display all directories, select All.
- To hide a directory, you can also click the Close button for that directory.
To display a directory in the Directories panel:
- In the Directories panel, select the directory to display from the drop-down list. To display all directories, select Show all.
Show/Hide Directories Content
By default, your directories are collapsed, with only the title bar visible. You can selectively expand the directories that you want to consult or use.
To show or hide contacts in a directory:
- In the Contacts pane, click the Expand/Collapse button for that directory.
Show Contact Details
You can view the details of a contact in any directory. To view contact details:
- Expand the target directory.
- Click the contact. The entry expands, displaying the contact’s details. The information depends on the target directory and includes the contact’s phone numbers and action buttons. Only one contact per directory can be expanded at a time. When you click a contact, the system automatically hides the details of the previously expanded contact.
Select Display Order
Contacts in the Company Contacts, Personal Contact, Agents, and Supervisors directories can be displayed by either their first name or last name first. Your selection applies to all of these directories. You cannot specify the display order for each directory individually.
To specify the contacts’ display order:
- In the Contacts pane, click the Options.
- Select View, then Display Name, and then the order in which you want to display the contacts: Last Name, First Name or First Name, Last Name.
You can sort contacts in the following directories: Company Contacts, and Agents.
To order contacts in a directory:
- In the Contacts pane, click Options.
- Select Sort, followed by the name of the directory in which you want to sort contacts, and then the sorting option.
Search for Contacts
Call Center provides you with a search function that allows you to search for specific contacts in your directories. You use the Search panel in the Contacts pane to look for contacts.
To search for contacts:
- In the Search text box, enter the text you want to search for and press Enter on your keyboard. You can enter partial information, such as part of a name or phone number.
- To restrict the search to contacts that start with the entered text, check the Begins with a checkbox.
- From the drop-down list, select the directories to search.
- Press Enter on your keyboard. The text you enter is matched against all attributes of every entry in the selected directories.
Managing Personal Contact and Speed Dials
You can add or remove personal contacts via the web portal or in Call Center, and the updates appear in both places. However, the updates that you make via the web portal appear at the next sign in.
To add a personal contact:
- In the Personal Contact panel, click Edit. The Personal Contact dialog box appears.
- Click Add. A new line is added below the existing entries, allowing you to define a new entry.
- In the Name text box, enter the contact’s name or description as you want it to appear in the contacts list.
- In the Number text box, enter the phone number of the contact.
- To save the entry, click anywhere in the dialog box outside the entry.
Delete Personal Contact:
- In the Personal panel, click Edit, the Personal Contact dialog box appears.
- Select the entry to delete and click Delete.
- The same process is required for adding, modifying and deleting speed dial contacts.
Repeat the same steps for the Speed Dial Contacts, in the Speed Dial panel.