Introduction to Call Park
The Call Park feature allows a defined group user to park a call against other available members of a Call Park group, which may be picked up by other members of the group at their phone.
What to know before getting started:
- Group Call Park is a site-level feature that includes all BroadCloud Hosted PBX and Hosted PRI site packages, no order is required.
- Valid Call Park station types are Premium User, Standard User, Hosted Square Key, Common Area, Conference Room, and Hosted PRI – User.
- A user can only be assigned to one Call Park group.
- A Call Park group may only have users from same site.
- A site may have multiple Call Park groups.
- Call Park group names must be unique.
Modifying Call Park
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select your site from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Advanced Services page.
- Under Call Routing, select Call Park.
Adding and Deleting a Call Park Group
- Select the Add button to add a Call Park Group. The Settings screen appears.
- Within the settings area, enter a name within the Group Name field. This is a required field as it is used to identify the group down below.
- Click Save. The new Group Name will now be seen under the Call Park screen
Note: The Save button must be selected after the Group Name is entered before the Available user list is populated.
- To delete a Call Park Group, check the box to the left of the selected group and click the Delete button.
Configuring the Global Settings
- Click the Global Settings button and the settings window will appear.
- Ring Pattern for Recalled Calls – Selects the ringing for reverted parked calls to have a distinctive ring to differentiate it from other types of calls.
- Recall Timer – Sets the time in seconds that a parked call will remain parked before it is reverted to the parking user (for Alert parking user only setting) or Hunt Group (for Alert Hunt Group only setting).
- Alert Hunt Group Wait Time – Sets the time in seconds that a parked call will remain parked before it is reverted to the Hunt group after the parking user has first been alerted (for Alert parking user first, then Hunt Group setting).
Configuring the Call Park Group
- Click Edit next to the Call Park Group you wish to select.
- Enter or update a name label for this Call Park Group.
- Proceed to select the desired Recall destination from the drop-down Menu. The recall destination is the user or group the call will be directed to if the call is not picked up
- Alert parking user only – If a parked call is not picked up, it is reverted to the person that parked the call after the Recall Timer has lapsed. If the parking user does not pick-up the reverted call and the Recall Timer lapses again, the parking user is attempted again in 10 seconds.
- Alert parking user first, then Hunt Group – If a parked call is not picked up, it is reverted to the person that parked the call after the Recall Timer has lapsed based on the configured recall time. If the parking user does not pick-up the reverted call in the set time (Alert Hunt Group Wait Time), the call will be forwarded to the selected Hunt Group. The call will then follow the hunt group routing and not be reverted. (This option is only available if a Hunt Group has been ordered and configured)
- Alert Hunt Group only – If a parked call is not picked up call in the set time (Recall Timer), the call will be forwarded to the selected Hunt Group. The call will then follow the hunt group routing and not be reverted.
Note: This option is only available if a Hunt Group has been ordered and configured.
To park a call to a group, the parking user puts an active call on hold and enters the feature access code (FAC) *58. The call park group service automatically hunts for the first available member of the Call Park group to park the call against. The Group Call Park feature always starts at the first assigned member. When a member is available, and the call is parked against that member, the caller parking the call will receive an announcement with the extension of the member the call is parked against. The parking user may then announce or page the parked against user that a call has been parked against their extension.
The parked caller is placed on hold until a member retrieves the parked call using *88 (plus extension) from the extension it was parked against. If the parked call is not retrieved within the provisioned recall time, the parked call is retrieved and presented to the user that originally parked the call or an alternate recall user. The recall user is a Call Park group setting and is configurable.
Note: If the parking user’s line appears on other phones as shared or monitored, these phones also will be notified of the reverted calls as well as shown in the receptionist client by default but can be configured to not show the reverted calls in My Site.