Understanding the Collaboration Feature and Bundles
The Collaborate Bundle is required for users to have access to the My Room feature of the UC-One Applications. It enables user to collaborate with other users, including:
- Instant Messaging communications
- User’s presence information
- My Room – Audio Conferencing
- My Room – Video Conferencing
- Desktop and File Sharing
- Guest User Access
The Collaboration Bundle is included with the Premium Stations and offered as an “a la carte” upgrade for Standard Stations. The Video Conferencing Add-on is also included with Premium Station types and offered as an Upgrade package for Standard Stations that have been assigned the Collaboration Bundle.
Assign Collaboration Bundle and Video Conferencing Add-on
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select your Site from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Users tab.
- Find the user you would like to modify, and select Action and then Edit.
- Select Mobile & PC Applications from the left-hand menu. Here, you will see the Application Add-ons section where you can see the Collaboration Bundle settings for the user.
*For Premium Stations, the Collaborate Bundle option will be disabled as it is inherently included with the Station package and cannot be unassigned. Optionally, the Video Conferencing Add-on is also included with Premium Stations and can be enabled. For Standard Stations that do not inherently include the Collaboration Bundle or Video Conferencing Add-on, both can be enabled for Standard Station Users as long as A La Carte licenses have been purchased for the Site.
The Video Conferencing Add-on adds the ability for Users to dynamically upgrade My Room Audio Conferences to Video Conferences. It is important to note that even though the Video Conferencing Add-on is inherently included with Premium Station types, it still must be activated via the Call Forwarding à Collaborate Tab.
Note: Users that do not have the Collaboration Bundle assigned to them will not be able to use the My Room feature in the UC One Applications.
Copyright© 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.