You can configure Shared Call Appearance on a physical phone. This will enable users to receive calls placed to another user’s extension (from their own phone), to place calls from another user’s extension (from their own phone), and to see the status of that extension from the line key on their own phone. An example of this is an executive assistant who wants to be able to make and receive calls from the boss’s line.
Configuring sharing on your physical phone (VoIP desk phone)
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select your site from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Users tab.
- Choose the user you would like to share out and select the Actions drop-down. Then select Edit. Example: If Justin wants to be able to place and receive calls from Tyler’s line, you would select Tyler’s phone number.
- The Edit User window will appear. From here, go to the Devices tab in the left-hand navigation and then select the Shared Devices tab at the top of the page.
- Click in the Find and add devices search bar and a list of available devices will appear. Select the device you would like to add as a shared line.
- Then select Save to save your changes.
- Adding a shared device to a user will have it ring on all devices. However, you can enable or disable the following ring settings for shared devices on the Mobile & PC Applications tab in the Edit User window:
- Ring all shared devices and applications when Click to Dial Calls are received.
- Ring all shared devices and applications when group Pages are received.
- Ring all shared devices and applications when a call is parked on a line.
Copyright© 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.