View Device Status and Details
To confirm that a phone is effectively communicating with the network, check the device status.
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select the Devices tab.
- Select the Actions drop-down menu for the device you would like to verify.
- Choose Device Status. This will perform a status check and once complete, it will display the status of the phone and whether it is registered, aged or unregistered. A registered status is a positive indication of connectivity, all others indicate some issue with the connection between the phone and the network.
- You can also reboot a device from the Action drop-down menu. Select Reboot Device.
- Select Add Ported Device. The Add a Ported Device window will appear.
- Choose the site where the device is assigned to in the Site drop-down menu.
- Next, choose the device type from the Device drop-down menu. Note: You can only choose from the approved devices within your site.
- Enter the MAC Address of the device to be added.
- When you are done, select Save. The new device will now show up in your device list.
- From the Devices tab, find the device you would like to remove.
- Select the Actions drop-down menu.
- Then select Remove Device.
- Click the Import drop-down menu.
- Select Upload .CSV File and select the file to upload. The system will validate the records. If there are any problems, the system will display the result with the corresponding error message.
- A notification will appear once the upload is successful and the devices will be added to your inventory. Once they pass validation, they will be ready to be assigned to users.
Manually Adding or Removing a Device
To add a device, follow these steps:
To remove a device, follow these steps:
Export a List of Devices
To export a list of all the devices assigned to your site select Export. This will export the information as a .csv file and will include each MAC address, device type, available lines and site.
Import a List of Devices (Bulk Upload of Devices)
You can also import a list of already existing devices as a bulk upload to the portal.
Note: Before performing a bulk upload, it is advised to download the .csv template found in the Import drop-down menu along with the list of supported devices and list of sites for better bulk upload results. You can also view the Instructions for this process from the drop-down menu list.
Once you have created and saved your .csv file you are ready to perform a bulk upload.
Copyright© 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.