Introduction to Group Call Pickup Configuration
Group Call Pickup enables a user to answer any ringing line within their pickup group. A pickup group is a group administrator-defined set of users within a Site, to which the Call Pickup feature applies. The Group Call Pickup feature requires Call Pickup groups to be added, modified, and removed as well as assigning specific users to that pickup group.
Before the Call Pickup service can be used, the following conditions must be met:
- Group Call Pickup is a site-level feature that is included in all Hosted PBX and PRI station packages, no order is required.
- Valid Call Pickup station types are Premium User, Standard User, Basic User, Hosted Square Key, and Hosted PRI.
- A user can only be assigned to one Call Pickup group.
- A Call Pickup group may only have assigned users from the same site.
- A site may have multiple Call Pickup groups.
- Call Pickup group names must be unique.
- Assigning a user to a Call Pickup group removes the Barge-in restriction if enabled for that user.
Accessing Group Call Pickup
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select your site from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Advanced Services page.
- Under Call Routing, select Call Pickup.
Note: Prior to using the Call Pickup feature, the site administrator must set it up. Once logged into the portal simply follow the steps detailed below.
Add a Call Pickup Group
- From the Call Pickup page, select the Add button.
- Enter a Group Name to define the group being created. This is a required field. It will be used to identify the group in the list of groups.
- Select Save.
- Add users by selecting a user from the Available user list. This is a list of eligible and available users in the site that can be put into the Call Pickup group. Select a user from the Available list by selecting the checkbox to the left of the user.
- When all desired users are selected, hit the right arrow to add them to the Assigned list.
- Select Save to keep the changes.
Note: The Save button must be hit after the Group Name is entered before the Available user list is populated.
Edit a Call Pickup Group
- From the Call Pickup page, select a Call Pickup group to be configured.
- Then, select Edit to open the configuration window.
- You can update the Group Name in the Group Name field. The default name is the lead number assigned in the provisioning process.
- To add a user, select a user from the Available list by selecting the checkbox to the left of the user and hit the right arrow to add them to the Assigned list.
- To remove users from the group, select the desired users from the Assigned and hit the left arrow to remove from the group.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Note: If you have a large list of Call Pickup groups, you can scroll through the pages or you can use the search tool at the top of the page.