Maintaining visibility into who is on the phone and who isn’t allows you to effectively handle calls to insure hold times are short and that callers get handled in the best way possible. The Monitoring feature (also known as Busy Lamp Field) allows users to observe the line status (e.g., active or inactive) of other phones through the additional line keys on their phone. Users can also quickly dial a monitored phone simply by pressing the associated line key on their desktop phone.
As an administrator you have the ability to grant monitoring privileges, activate the feature and modify settings for users at your sites.
Before the Monitoring feature can be used the following conditions must be met:
- At least one inbound number must be available to be assigned to a station (Premium, Hosted Square Key, and Hosted PRI-User).
- Monitoring is available for all Polycom phones with or without a sidecar.
- Monitoring is available for Cisco phones with a sidecar.
To configure monitoring for a user, log in to the admin portal.
- Select your site.
- Go to the Users tab.
- Find the user you would like to grant monitoring capabilities to and select Actions.
- Then select Edit.
- On the Edit User page, select the Monitoring tab in the left-hand navigation under Advanced.
- Check the Call Park Notification box if you would the monitored User to be notified of call parked on their line. For more information on Call Park, please see the Call Park and Call Pickup guide.
- Next, select the phone number/line that you would like your user to monitor by searching in the Find and assign search bar.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Copyright© 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.