Introduction to Office Anywhere
Office Anywhere is a mobility feature providing users with the following functionality:
- Receive calls on an alternate phone – Office Anywhere allows calls placed to a user’s office phone to ring any phone(s) set up with the feature. Most users designate their mobile phone as their “Office Anywhere phone.”
- Place calls from an alternate phone – Users can place calls that display the outbound caller ID of their desktop phone from their Office Anywhere phone.
- “Push” and “pull” active calls between desktop and mobile phones – When on an active call using a desktop phone, users can push that call to their Office Anywhere phone. Conversely, while on an active call on a designated Office Anywhere phone, users can pull the call to their desktop phone.
- Place long distance and international calls from an alternate phone – When users place long distance or international calls from an Office Anywhere phone, usage is tracked and reflected on your invoice just as any other toll calls would.
Once the designated Office Anywhere phone is set up, to place and receive Office Anywhere calls users must first dial the Office Anywhere number. Administrators may alter the Office Anywhere settings as needed.
Before the Office Anywhere service can be used the following conditions must be met:
- At least one inbound number must be available to be assigned as an Office Anywhere Portal.
- At least one Office Anywhere Portal number must be assigned to the site through the admin portal dashboard. Office Anywhere Portals are not automatically assigned when service is provisioned.
- At least one Office Anywhere user must be assigned and active.
- At least one landline or wireless number must be assigned to the Office Anywhere user through the admin portal.
- Active must be enabled in the Office Anywhere user’s list for all numbers the user wishes to ring when calls are received on their desktop phone.
Configuring Office Anywhere
- To configure Office Anywhere for a user, log in to the admin portal and select your site from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Advanced Services tab in the left-hand navigation.
- Select Office Anywhere on the Site Package Settings tab.
- Select the Add button to open the Add Office Anywhere screen.
- From here, enter the following information:
- Phone Number – This the phone number to be assigned for this Office Anywhere number. When adding a new Office Anywhere number, a drop-down box allows for the selection of a number to assign. For existing numbers, the Phone Number is displayed and cannot be edited. To change the number, either delete the Office Anywhere or unassign the number.
- Name – This is the name given to the Office Anywhere number. When adding a new Office Anywhere number, enter a name in the space provided. The default name is the phone number. For existing numbers, the Name field can be edited. Update as necessary.
- Extension – This is the extension number which can be used by internal Site or Company users to reach this Office Anywhere number. When adding a new Office Anywhere number, the extension is blank. If desired, enter an unused extension number. It is not required. For existing numbers, the extension is displayed and can be edited as necessary.
- User Selection – Select if this number can be used by the entire Company or just this Site. Only one can be selected.
- Company – Enable this Office Anywhere number for use by all company users.
- Site – Enable this Office Anywhere number for use by just the site users.