What you need to know:
Priority Alert is a premium User level feature that allows a User’s phone to ring with a different cadence based on pre-defined criteria. This feature can be used as a way to quickly notify the User that a specific number is calling or when a call is from inside your group or outside your group.
The criteria for each Priority Alert entry can be a list of up to 12 phone numbers or digit patterns, a specified time schedule, and a specified holiday schedule. All criteria (i.e. phone number and day of week and time of day) for an entry must be true for the phone to ring with a different tone.
Priority alert when enabled and configured will ring the end-user phone with a distinctive ring allowing the User to know that a specific person or group of people are calling within a specified time period.
- Ten-digit numbers are required in the criteria settings.
- Supported station types: Premium User, Hosted Square Key, and Hosted PRI.
- Feature interaction/precedence:
- Alternate Numbers – Priority Alert has precedence over the Alternate Number feature. If an incoming call meets the active Priority Alert criteria, the alert type sent to the end-point will be Bellcore-dr2.
- Hunt Group – When a call to a Hunt Group is presented to a User in the Hunt Group, the User’s Priority Alert service is inhibited. This means that any Priority Alert settings for the User are not applied to the call.
- Call Center – When a call to a Call Center is presented to a User in the Call Center, the User’s Priority Alert service is inhibited. This means that any Priority Alert settings for the User are not applied to the call. If a customer wants to have a distinctive ring for calls from the Call Center, they should use the Call Center distinctive ring settings.
- Call Waiting – Priority Alert applies to waiting calls and applies distinctive ring per the defined criteria.
- Remote Office – If Remote Office is enabled, the Priority Alert feature is not applied on incoming calls.
- Shared Call Appearance – Priority Alert applies to all shared call appearance locations for the User. The shared endpoint must support the service.
- Simultaneous Ringing/Anywhere/Mobility – Priority Alert only applies to the main endpoint and not to secondary locations.
To setup the Priority Alert feature:
- From the Calling User Portal, click the Call Settings page. Scroll down to Priority Alerts.
- To enable Priority Alert, click on the toggle button to the right of the text. When it’s enabled, it will turn to color from gray scale. To disable, click on the toggle button again, when disabled, it should change from color back to gray scale.
- Select a pre-defined schedule from the drop-down menu and click Add Schedule Button.
- The Apply a Schedule box should appear.
- Make sure your “When” field shows which schedule you currently want to add a Priority Alert to.
- Select the numbers for this specific alert. You can either chose Any Phone Number (to get alerts for all calls) or Select Phone Numbers (to get alerts for specific calls).
- If Select Phone Numbers is selected, you have several options for you to choose:
Please Note: If you wish to create a new schedule, see the section the creating Schedules section.
- Any Private Number: All numbers coming from a private number will be alerted with a distinctive ring.
- Any Unavailable Number: All unavailable numbers will be alerted with a distinctive ring.
- A Single Number: Input a valid telephone number in which you would like to be alerted with a distinctive ring.
- Next, select to be alerted or not.
- Click the Save button. Your Priority Alert should show in the Priority Alert area.
Adding a New Schedule
Schedules allow you to apply specific call settings at different times of the day or week.
- From the Calling User Portal, click the Call Settings page.
- Click the Schedules tab.
- Enter the Schedule Name.
- Select the appropriate Start Date/Time and End Date/Time. If applicable, mark All Day Event or Repeat.
- Click Save.
Copyright© 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.