Adding efficiency through the introduction of Auto Attendants to automatically route calls or the use of the Monitoring feature to increase the visibility of a user’s phone status are common benefits of the BroadSoft service. However, not everyone needs or wants to be included in these options. Some executives may not want others to be able to monitor their phone status and some businesses may want the Dial by Name Directory to only route to select users. The Privacy feature allows you to realize the overall benefits of the solution, while maintaining select exclusions as needed.
Before the privacy service can be used the following conditions must be met:
- All phone numbers need to be assigned to a to a station, device and user.
- The Privacy feature is available only on Executive, Hosted Square Key, and Hosted PRI – User stations.
- To set up this service for a user, log in to the admin portal and select your site.
- Select the Users tab.
- Find the user/phone number to add privacy settings to and click the Actions drop-down menu and select Edit.
- On the Edit User page, select Privacy in the left-hand navigation.
- Here you can choose to enable any of the following:
- Prevent dialing this specific user by extension – This will prevent extension dialing out of the auto attendant for this user.
- Prevent dialing this specific user by first or last name – This will prevent the ability to dial by first or last name for this user.
- Directory Privacy – If this is enabled, this user will be excluded from appearing in directory searches.
- Line Status Privacy – This will enable this user to be monitored by only those selected here. Search for the user/phone number in the Find and assign search box to assign users who are permitted to monitor.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Copyright© 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.