The Push-to-Talk feature allows users treat their desk phones as either a one-way or two-way intercom. Site administrators can configure the following Push-to-Talk settings for users:
Define white and black lists – Set the list of assigned users to represent either a “White List” or a “Black List” for the user being configured. The white list represents approved Push to Talk callers for each user. The black list represents the Push to Talk callers not allowed to interact with the user. For example, you can create a white list for Jim, in the warehouse, for all customer services reps to allow them to push to talk to Joe regarding inventory, delivery schedules, etc. and create a black list for Jim of all the sales reps so they do not constantly check on order status’ and special requests that can interrupt Jim during his busy day.
Define One-Way or Two-Way settings for Users – One-way only allows the configured user to place Push to Talk calls to other users. Two-way enables communication between the users in both directions.
Note: Users dial *50 and the extension to place Push to Talk calls. Push to Talk must be configured for both parties. For example, Bob wants to Push to Talk with Ann. Ann must have Bob listed on her Push to Talk feature and Bob must have Ann listed on his.
Setting Up Push To Talk for Users
- Log in to the admin portal and select your site.
- Go to the Users tab.
- Find the user you would like to assign Push To Talk and select the Actions drop-down menu and select Edit.
- Next, in the Edit User window, select Push To Talk under Advanced in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Select the toggle next to Push To Talk to enable. When enabled and the user receives a Push To Talk call, their phone automatically answers the call-in speakerphone mode.
- Next, select the Connection Type. Options include:
- One-Way – Means one-way communication between the user and other users in the site.
- Two-Way – Means two-way communication between the user and other users in the site.
- Select the Type of Access for Users. Options include:
- Approved Users
- Blocked Users
- Select users from the Find and assign search bar.
- Select Save.
Copyright© 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.