Introduction to Receptionist Configuration
Receptionist is a carrier-class Internet Protocol (IP) Telephony Attendant Console, specifically developed for hosted environments. It is used by “front-of-house” receptionists or telephone attendants, who screen inbound calls for enterprises. Receptionist realizes the promise of IP telephony by enhancing business processes and delivering rich services in a user-friendly way.
A user must be a Premium Station or Hosted PRI user to be assigned a Receptionist license.
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select your site from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Advanced Services page.
- Under Productivity Services, select Receptionist.
- Check the Total and Available Consoles counter to see if licenses are available to assign.
- Select a user to assign a license by toggling the Assigned/Unassigned button under the Status Column.
- Select the user you would like to configure and click Edit. The Edit Receptionists window appears.
- From this page, you can select who the Receptionist monitors by checking the box next to the user within the Availability box.
- Once your selection is checked, hit the right arrow. The selected users will show up in the Assigned list. Conversely, to remove the user from the Assigned list, click on the respective check box and click on the left arrow above the list.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Note: Prior to using the Receptionist, the site administrator must select which users receive access to the Receptionist web client.
Note: Monitored users will appear in the Receptionist web client in the Monitored tab. These monitored users are considered Statically monitored. The client also supports Dynamically monitored users, which are selected within the web client.